Proposal delivers new energy economy
benefits to rural Colorado,
communities across the state
SPRING 2022 PUBLIC COMMENT FORM
We need and value your input. Please provide your comments about Colorado’s Power Pathway focus areas, transmission line routes or substation site areas by clicking the red button below. You can also download a copy of the form to print at home and mail to us.
FOR GENERAL QUESTIONS, CLICK HERE.
Interactive Project Map
Click and zoom in on the interactive map below to see detailed views of Colorado’s Power Pathway segments. Learn more about each segment on the Project Description page.
Segment 5 Preferred and Alternative Route Links: April 28, 2022
Our interactive map has been updated with preferred and alternative route links in Segment 5. Revisions incorporate link-specific feedback received from landowners, community members and other project stakeholders and ongoing refinements resulting from continued routing evaluations. These revisions include:
- Elimination of an area undergoing evaluation due to links removed from consideration in this area.
- Identification of the preferred and alternative routes in Pueblo, El Paso and Arapahoe counties.
- Identification of three alternative routes in Elbert County. Xcel Energy will continue to evaluate and incorporate feedback on alternative route links in Elbert County until a single preferred route is identified.
- Feedback received about Segment 5 prompted the addition, modification and removal of transmission line route links within the focus area and area undergoing evaluation.
Updated Transmission Route Links
The preliminary transmission route links have been updated to reflect our latest routing analysis:
- Green dashed line – Preferred transmission route link
- Orange dashed line – Alternative option to a preferred transmission route link
- Red dashed line – Link removed from consideration
- Yellow line – Preliminary route link that will be narrowed down until a single preferred route is identified
- Solid dark and light red lines – Township and section boundaries (these are not transmission route links)
Additional revisions may be posted in the coming weeks; please check back for the most up-to-date information.
Segment 5 Public Open Houses
Thank you to everyone who attended our recent Segment 5 public open houses. We appreciate your feedback as we continue working through our ongoing routing process. If you were unable to attend:
- Review our interactive map for the latest routing information and provide feedback. Meeting materials are also available or review in our library.
- Complete our comment form no later than Friday, May 27. The general inquiry form and Project email and hotline will remain active beyond the May 27 deadline for those who wish to make comments or ask questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Browse our most frequently asked questions about Colorado’s Power Pathway