Segment 2 and 3 Construction
We have started construction activities for Segments 2 and 3. Crews will establish construction access and clear vegetation so large equipment can access the route and substation sites, adding erosion control to protect surrounding areas. Construction activities will be initiated as construction permit approvals are granted by each jurisdiction.
Currently construction crews are working in the following areas:
- Installing gates along the transmission line right-of-way for construction access
- Preparing material laydown and storage yard in Cheyenne County to receive materials in June
- Establishing construction access points (driveways) along county roads in Cheyenne County
- Site work at Goose Creek Substation in Cheyenne County
In June, we started working in the following areas:
- Preparation of material laydown and storage yards in Kiowa, Kit Carson, Washington, and Morgan counties
- Establishing construction access points (driveways) along county roads in Kiowa, Kit Carson, Washington, and Morgan counties
- Site work at May Valley and Canal Crossing substations
- Segment 2 and Segment 3 transmission line right-of-way
Future work will include:
- Ongoing work at the substations to grade, install equipment foundations, lay down rock within the fence line and along access drives, install and test electrical and communications equipment, and energization activities
- Work within the transmission line to prepare access down the right-of-way, drill holes for transmission pole foundations, install anchor bolt cages and encase in concrete, set poles, string conductor wire, testing and energization activities
Learn more about the Transmission Line Construction Process.